Fresh Goat Cheese with herbs with Sauvignon Blanc or Sancerre
- 1 pyramid fresh GOAT CHEESE (Chèvre, Ziegenkäse), 150g
[We like Chavroux brand, available at both Coop and Migros]
2 tablespoons finely chopped, mixed PARSLEY and THYME (optional)
- - Prep: Over a sink, gently shake the cheese from its container into your hand, then place on a kitchen towel and pat to remove excess moisture. Transfer to a serving platter, handling gently to maintain the pyramid shape. Sprinkle the herbs over the cheese's top and sides, patting gently to adhere, repeating on the sides as necessary.
- - Presentation: Strew some chopped and/or whole herb sprigs around the cheese on the platter; see photo.
- - Pairing tip: Try the wine (swallow), then some cheese (swallow), then the wine again. The wine's freshness cuts through the creamy, chalky cheese, which in turn decreases the wine's sharpness, making it seem "rounder" and more fruity-friendly. A match made in heaven.
- - Plain unseasoned crackers and rustic sliced bread make good accompaniments.