Lamb Kebabs with Pomegranate-Cumin Glaze with Shiraz
- 1 teaspoon CUMIN SEEDS
- 60 ml POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
- 120 ml EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried OREGANO
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- 1/2 teaspoon ground BLACK PEPPER
- 1/2 teaspoon ground CINNAMON
- 500 g trimmed boneless LEG OF LAMB, cut into twenty-four 2-cm cubes
- 2 large RED BELL PEPPERS, cut into twenty-four 2-cm squares
- 24 small metal SKEWERS or bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
- Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and stir until aromatic and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Grind cumin in mortar or spice mill.
- Mix pomegranate molasses, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin in 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; chill at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Thread 1 lamb piece and 1 red pepper piece on each skewer; place on baking sheet. Do ahead Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Sprinkle kebabs with salt and pepper. Cook, turning often, about 4 minutes for medium-rare. Do ahead: may be cooked ahead; allow to cool completely and store in airtight container in the refrigerator; reheat briefly in the oven or simply serve at room temperature.