Pimiento Cheese Dip with Chardonnay
- 225 g CHEDDAR CHEESE, coarsely grated
- 120 ml MAYONNAISE (Thomy is fine)
- 90 g jarred ROASTED PEPPERS, drained and chopped coarsely (about half the peppers in a 280 g jar)
- 60 ml SPRING (or GREEN) ONIONS, chopped (use both the green and the white parts) plus more for garnish
- ¾ - 1 teaspoon freshly ground BLACK PEPPER (yes, grind it & measure it)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon SALT
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon CAYENNE
- Dash of HOT SAUCE, like Tabasco or Cholula
- 1. Combine all ingredients except hot sauce in a medium bowl, using the lower estimates of pepper, salt and cayenne. Stir all together with a rubber spatula and taste. Add additional pepper, salt, cayenne and hot sauce as desired.
- Can be made several hours or up to a day ahead; store covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and garnish with additional sliced onions before serving with crackers.