Pimiento, Manchego & Chorizo Skewers with Modern Spanish Red
- 1 jar ROASTED PEPPERS in oil, red and/or yellow, 290 g
- 1 wedge MANCHEGO CHEESE, ~175-200 g
- 1 package thinly pre-sliced spicy CHORIZO, ~80 g
- 20 BAGUETTE SLICES (optional)
- 1. Drain the peppers by dumping into a coarse sieve set over a bowl. If you don't have a sieve, fish them out with a fork onto kitchen paper towel.
- 2. Cut the Manchego evenly into about 20 cubes.
- 3. Fold a chorizo slice in half, then in half again. Thread onto a wooden skewer or toothpick, followed by a cheese cube, then a pepper piece (folded over or cut in half if large).
- 4. Serve skewers on a platter or, in true Basque pintxo style, set each skewer onto a piece of sliced baguette on a platter.