Wasabi Peas, Artichoke Spread & Cured Meats with Gruener Veltliner
- Wasabi Peanuts or Peas, 150 g
[We slightly prefer Coop Fine Food Wasabi Coated Peanuts over Migros' Chop Stick brand Wasabi Peas, but both work well]
- Artichoke Spread, 100 g [Coop Fine Food Crema di Carciofi per Crostini]
- Bread, baguette or Pagnol-style, 10 slices about 1 cm thick (toasted if possible, see below)
- Herbed Bacon (Kräuterspeck / Lard aux herbs), ~100 g
- Mountain Cured Ham (Berg-Rohschinken / Jambon cru de montagne), ~100 g
- 1. Wasabi Peanuts or Peas: serve in a small bowl with a spoon for people to transport them onto their hand.
- 2. Spread the Artichoke Crema generously onto the bread slices. We prefer the bread lightly toasted beforehand, if you have time and inclination. You can also toast the bread a few hours ahead; toast it light brown only (and/or one side only) and keep the finished toasts with air access, no closed containers.
- 3. Meats appear more appetizing if you roll (bacon) or fold (ham) them in some fashion (see picture), also speared with a toothpick for easy pickup.
- 4. Pictured upper-right and autumn season only: Saucisson Vaudois (from Coop), pre-cooked in not-quite-simmering water for 40 mins, served warm or cooled and sliced. Excellent alone and with the wine. Drool.